- Achieve demand creation goals for area / technology
- Identify and support best technical and economical solution/project at assigned customers in context with the Avnet Abacus technology strategy.
- Meet with customer independently or jointly with sales or key franchise partners to identify its products, applications, end markets and service needs.
- Compile customer visit reports and follow up accordingly
- Identify demand creation opportunities, either together with Sales or independently in new and existing customers.
- Connect to and apply supplier application engineering resources in order to benefit from supplier specialised expertise.
- Joint responsibility with Account Manager for revenue and margin
- Maintains and expands knowledge of focus specialty technologies and the electronic and computer industries including the latest innovation in software, hardware and product development through attending supplier training and independent research.
- Together with the Product Manager, execute specific campaigns with customers linked to strategic franchises (e.g. Wireless campaign)
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, suppliers and colleagues and offer the highest levels of service and support
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple activities effectively
- Confident, decisive, pragmatic and flexible
- Communicate effectively in English (written and oral)
- Good computer skills (Office 365, ERP-systems, SAP knowledge preferred).
Avnet Abacus is a pan-European distributor of connector, electromechanical, passive, power and battery products. Our industry-leading supplier linecard and widespread local presence means that our customers benefit from the product choice, financial strength, logistics and fulfilment benefits of a global distributor, with the personal service of a local provider. The company is a division of Phoenix based Avnet, Inc., one of the world’s largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded systems. A Fortune 500 company, Avnet employs around 15,000 people worldwide and generated a revenue of $17.6 billion in fiscal year 2020 through sales in more than 70 countries. More information about Avnet Abacus can be found at avnet-abacus.eu.